Raid Shadow Legends: Athel Champion Guide

Athel is one of the four starter champions that players can pick from when starting their account in Raid Shadow Legends. The other three champions to pick from include Kael, Elhain and Galek. While it is always recommended to select Kael for the best early game strategy, players who select Athel won’t be too far off. As Athel has a powerful A2 skill which will deal high damage to all enemies. In general, Athel makes for a strong rare champion, with a variety of uses and applications from early game to late game. This guide will highlight everything you need to know about the champion including stats, skills, masteries and gear setups.

Athel Stats Overview

Athel avatar
  • Faction: Sacred Order
  • Type: Attack
  • Affinity: Magic
  • Rarity: Rare
  • HP: 13545
  • Attack: 1189
  • Defense: 936
  • Critical Rate: 15
  • Critical Damage: 57
  • Speed: 104
  • Resistance: 30
  • Accuracy: 0
  • Aura: Increase Ally HP in by 15
  • Books to Max Skills: 12

Athel Skills Overview

Strike Down

A1: Strike Down

Attacks 1 enemy 3 times. Has a 75% chance of placing a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns on the last hit.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Damage +5%
  • Level 3: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 4: Damage +5%
  • Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 6: Damage +5%
  • Level 7: Damage +5%
  • Level 8: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
Divine Blades

A2: Divine Blades

Attacks all enemies. Has an extra 15% chance of inflicting a critical hit.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Damage +5%
  • Level 3: Damage +5%
  • Level 4: Damage +5%
  • Level 5: Damage +10%
Higher Blessing

A3: Higher Blessing

Places a 25% [Increase ATK] buff on this Champion for 2 turns. Places a 30% [Increase DEF] buff on this Champion for 2 turns if this Champion’s current HP is less than 50%. Gains an Extra Turn.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Cooldown -1

Athel Early Game Guide

Although Kael is perhaps the most used starter champion at the moment, all the starters are good in the early game and excel in different areas and Athel is no exception.

If you have selected Athel as your starter, don’t worry you don’t have to make a new account to get decent results! At the beginning, your effort should be focused on 6-starring Athel as soon as possible, since her stats increase greatly and allow you to unlock the last level of masteries.


It is recommended to buy the masteries with 800 gems for your starter champion to get the most mileage while your early game energy and XP bonuses are active.

The masteries will seek to maximize the damage to the Clan Boss and for this GIANTSLAYER T6 mastery is recommended since Athel attacks 3 times with her default A1. On the other hand, the support branch is sought to increase the accuracy a bit as it can be difficult to get it early on from equipment and great hall.

If you are not using Athel for Clan Boss at all you can opt for selecting Flawless Execution for Arena and Campaign. However, this build is usually more suited for later stages of the game when you have a more solid roster and specialization.

athel early game masteries

Gear & Stats Build

When you are building Athel the most important goal is to get her to solo auto farm stage 12-3 of brutal as fast as possible.

This is the best stage for starters as most of the enemies are spirit affinity, she will have a 15% extra crit rate and there is a chance that they will get a week hit on you. On top of this the Divine Blades ability has an extra 15% chance to inflict critical damage so initially it is fine with around 70% crit rate.

Lifesteal is essential to keep Athel healing while she faces the waves. The lifesteal set that you get after logging in for 4 days is ideal since it always has the same important main stats which are crit rate on gloves, atk% on chest and speed on boots. Here we have added a cruel set with speed substats to increase the damage. Other excellent alternatives for early and midgame include the Perception set you can craft in the forge or any good item with sufficient stars and the correct main stats.

Recommended Main Stats

  • Gloves: Crit Rate
  • Chest: ATK%
  • Boots: Speed
  • Ring: any
  • Amulet: any
  • Banner: any
athel early game gear and stats

More Champion Guides