Mordecai is an epic champion in Raid Shadow Legends who belongs to the Sacred Order faction. He shares an affinity with force and is a support type champion. Mordecai is particularly useful at both Sorath and Hydra, although for different reasons. At Sorath he can be used to kill ice spider while under a HP burn, this is an area he excels in. Additionally, at Hydra he can manipulate TM and is great for burning the heads. It is not beneficial to upgrade damage on Mordecai as his A1 skill is the only one to deal damage.
Mordecai Stats Overview
- Faction: Sacred Order
- Type: Support
- Affinity: Force
- Rarity: Epic
- HP: 13545
- Attack: 1244
- Defense: 1156
- Critical Rate: 15
- Critical Damage: 50
- Speed: 100
- Resistance: 30
- Accuracy: 0
- Aura: Increase Ally ACC in by 40
- Books to Max Skills: 13
Mordecai Skills Overview
Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 30% chance of decreasing the target’s Turn Meter by 10%. Has a 60% instead if the target is under a [HP Burn] debuff.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 2: Damage +5%
- Level 3: Damage +5%
- Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
- Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
- Level 6: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
A2: Time’s Undoing
Has a 75% chance of decreasing the Turn Meters of all enemies by 15%. Fills the Turn Meters of all allies by 15%.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 2: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
- Level 3: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
- Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
- Level 5: Cooldown -1
A3: Heavenly Flames
Places a 50% [Increase ATK] buff on all allies for 2 turns, then fills the Turn Meters of all allies by 30%. Heals all allies by 25% of their MAX HP if they have less than 50% HP.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 2: Cooldown -1
Mordecai Late Game Guide
Mordecai is one of the best epic champions in the game for the Spider dungeon progression thanks to his AOE HP burn ability. Being an Epic makes him a lot more accessible then legendaries. He is a lot better than Ultimate Galek, as Mordecai has no conditions for his HP burn, and works regardless of affinity as long as he has sufficient Accuracy.
His A1 has a chance to decrease the TM, A2 decreases the TM of all enemies while increasing the team TM and A3. Booking A3 then A2 should be your priority as the cooldown on those skills is quite big.
Masteries are not overly required for Mordecai but do help. Dealing some dps and ensuring HP burn lands on everyone, we are going to be Offence and Support trees.
Mordecai doesn’t hit very hard on his own so Warmaster is a good option. Since he will be cycling his 3rd skill, and then 2nd, he will only actually hit the enemy on the 3rd turn, in conjunction with not hitting hard to begin with, Warmaster is the only mastery that will make a sizable dps impact, so for that reason we go straight to it, down the left hand side similar to a mastery tree for clan boss.
Support is the more valuable tree for mordecai since it offers a good amount of turn manipulation and Accuracy. We need to ensure that his HP burns land, so we take the early Accuracy masteries in the first 3 tiers, as well as Arcane Celerity which boosts our turn meter. The biggest thing to note on this tree however is Master Hexer extends HP burns an extra turn, which means even more damage going into the spider.
Overall, neither of the mastery trees are required to be able to do spider 20 or above, but they do make it easier to reach the required stats. The biggest change you can make for mordecai is not taking Cycle of Magic and instead taking Evil Eye. This mastery will reduce the bosses turn meter by a slight amount on the first A1 hit which can help you if you lack turn meter control to stop the boss taking a turn.
Gear & Stats Build
Mordecai’s main job is to place HP burn and decrease the enemies turn meter. Because of this Accuracy and Speed our the main priorities. We need to ensure that the HP burns land, and that we go before the boss or any spiderlings take a turn.
Recommended Main Stats
- Gloves: DEF/HP%
- Chest: ACC
- Boots: SPD
- Ring: DEF/HP
- Amulet: DEF/HP
- Banner: ACC
- 200-220 speed
- 300+ Accuracy
- Sets that give HP/DEF
There is great flexibility for Mordecai in terms of sets. He can work with lifesteal set or even broken sets as long as the recommended stat requirements are met.
Spider 20 farming with AOE HP burn will generally average 40 to 90 seconds. This is slower than using 3 max HP nukers type teams, but more accessible if you have the right champions like Mordecai. On your first turn, 2 spiderlings will be missing. Make sure Mordecai goes second and you will get the full benefit of HP burn placed on all enemies. When using a HP burn team, you need to either ensure you can tank the spiderlings or CC them, as they have to take turns for the burns to tick and do damage to the boss.
- Lydia – She is primarily here for Decrease Defense and Weaken. Budget alternatives can be Fayne, Rugnor and others.
- Mordecai – The AOE HP burn will be the majority of the dps and the TM reduction is important.
- Coldhearts – We use 2 of them primarily for Turn Meter depletion and MAX HP damage from their A3. Neither is required but it makes the run faster. Can be replaced with Lua, Soulbond Bowyer, Armiger and others.
- Gurgoh – purely for Crowd Control, freezing everything makes the run significantly easier with no incoming damage. Can be replaced with Achak, Greybeard, Scyl and many other alternative options
Alternatively it’s possible to use a tank that protects your champions from damage with Shields or Unkillable. In this case Miscreated Monster is a popular option. An example of a team composition when using a tank would be as follows:
- Mordecai – The HP burns will be the majority of the damage we put out to the Spider and the Spiderlings.
- Arbiter – She’s here to allow us to cycle our turns faster, and provide a safety revive if required.
- Coldheart – Mainly here to deplete the bosses turn meter so the HP burn ticks more. Max HP damage helps too.
- Fayne – Provides Defense Down and Weaken for Coldheart, and a tiny bit of turn meter reduction for the boss.
- Miscreated Monster – Provides a massive shield, keeping everyone alive while the spiderlings attack you.
Spider 25 is quite similar to lower level dungeon, the main difference being that the boss takes limited damage from max HP attacks such as Coldhearts Heartseeker (A3) and the TM depletion is only 50% effective. Because of this the damage from HP burn is more important for stages 21+, and makes Mordecai the central core of this team.
The team used focuses around supporting Mordecai and allowing his HP burns to tick as much as possible, thus maximizing his damage while keeping him alive and consists of:
- Arbiter – She’s here for the TM boosts, both her A3 and A4 help us cycle our turns, giving Mordecai more uptime on his HP burns. She also provides a revive if something goes wrong.
- Coldheart – Unlike previous stages, her damage isn’t as relevant but we keep her in here because of the turn meter reduction on single target, so that the Spider takes longer to eat the Spiderlings (Thus more HP burn ticks).
- Achak – He is in here to control the Spiderlings as they hit pretty hard and his passive synergises amazingly well with Mordecai as he provides a lot of turn meter boost and heal from it.
- Miscreated Monster – The shield he provides from his A2 is a significant part of the teams survivability, alongside Achak keeping everything frozen.
- Mordecai – He is the core of the team, and his HP burn is effectively all the damage for this team. Alongside that, his A1 and A2 provide turn meter reduction, which helps cycle our teams.
Mordecai brings a lot of turn meter control and Atk Up for Faction Wars. For the boss, his a1 also decreases TM. Mordecai Aura also provides +40 Accuracy if you need it.
- Godseeker Aniri – used mainly to keep the team alive through healing and revive. Cardinal and Mistress of Hymns are alternatives along with Cardiel, Sir Nicholas and Archbishop Pinthroy. For a rare, Mother Superior can also provide a decent healing output.
- Shamael – He is an extra dps, you can use basically any nuker from this faction, or you can use another support champion, since Mordecai can still put out decent damage with the HP burn.
- Mordecai – Crowd Control and some dps.
- Deacon Armstrong – TM reduction allowing us to cycle turns much more often and AOE Decrease DEF. Additionally, the Leech debuff he provides is very nice for sustainability on the boss fight, and I would highly recommend using him if you have him. The best substitute for deacon is Canoness, but you can even use a second Armiger for the turn meter reduction if you wanted.
Armiger provides TM reduction, and does decent damage. It is important to note that the final boss is the boss that resurrects his allies. Armiger and epics like Fenax can block this ability.
The boss skills primarily revolve around reviving allies and ally attacking with them. The simplest way is to crowd control and just keep the minions and boss from taking a turn while you kill them. This is why we used Mordecai, Deacon and Armiger. You can also just tank the boss and use block revive on the adds from Armiger.
Mordecai’s will slowly HP burn the boss, so you shouldn’t need too much damage on top of this, if you are having trouble with the boss, you can opt to go more defensive than offensive, although he doesn’t hit that hard overall, and once you control his allies, the fight is basically over.