Uugo is a support-type epic champion from the Ogryn Tribes faction in Raid Shadow Legends. He is arguably one of the best epic champions in the game and is particularly effective against hydra clan boss. However, he can make his way effectively into almost any team. In this guide we will look over Uugo’s effectiveness in Hydra CB and a wide variety of optimal dungeon run teams where uugo can be used.
Uugo’s A1 ability provides leech, to aid your team in surviving longer. This can be paired with heal and cleanse on his A3 ability, with his A3 doubling if a team revive is activated with uugo being the last one standing. So, its essential when creating the perfect build for Uugo, it optimises his tankiness and life point stats.
Uugo Stats Overview
- Faction: Ogryn Tribes
- Type: Support
- Affinity: Magic
- Rarity: Epic
- HP: 19650
- Attack: 738
- Defense: 1255
- Critical Rate: 15
- Critical Damage: 50
- Speed: 102
- Resistance: 30
- Accuracy: 15
- Books to Max Skills: 16
Uugo Skills Overview
A1: Black Hand
Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 35% chance of placing a [Leech] debuff for 2 turns. The chance increases by 5% for each alive enemy.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 2: Damage +5%
- Level 3: Damage +5%
- Level 4: Damage +5%
- Level 5: Damage +5%
A2: Maelstrom Wrack
Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns. Also has a 50% chance of placing a [Block Buffs] debuff for 2 turns. The chance of placing the [Block Buffs] debuff increases by 5% for each alive enemy.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 2: Damage +5%
- Level 3: Damage +10%
- Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
- Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
- Level 6: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
- Level 7: Cooldown -1
A3: Uugo’s Brew
Removes all [Heal Reduction] debuffs from all allies, then removes 1 random debuff from all allies, then heals all allies by 20% of this Champion’s MAX HP. If all allies are dead, revives them with 50% HP, then fills their Turn Meters by 50% instead.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 2: Heal +5%
- Level 3: Heal +5%
- Level 4: Heal +5%
- Level 5: Heal +5%
- Level 6: Cooldown -1
- Level 7: Cooldown -1
A4: Final Spite [P]
Revives all dead allies to 35% HP, then fills the Turn Meters of all allies by 20%. Grants an Extra Turn to this Champion if an ally was successfully revived.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 2: Cooldown -1
- Level 3: Cooldown -1
Uugo End Game Build Guide
Uugo is an amazing Epic Ogryn champion in almost every part of the game. This guide will focus on him predominantly in PvE content including Hydra, Dungeons and Doom Tower, Hydra, FW. You can also use him in Arena with a slightly different build.
The main benefit Uugo brings are the combination of AOE Decrease Defence, Block Buffs, Leech, healing, debuff removal and conditional revive. He is worth the investment mainly in A2 and A3. Increased Debuff chance and cooldown reduction are relevant as well. The damage on the A1 doesn’t matter so if you get lucky and Book the A2 and A3, you can stop. It is highly recommended that he gets priority on your Books because of how much he gains, and how flexible he is for content.
With Hydra in mind as the place where Uugo can truly shine, we take the Offense tree mainly for Warmaster to be dealing more damage since its a consistent damage increase. However, if you want to focus him more specifically for the Arena, The Defense tree is recommended over the Offense tree with T6 masteries such as Bulwark or Rapid Response instead.
For the Support tree we take everything that interacts with Debuffs: more Accuracy, Lower cooldowns, extending Debuffs with Master Hexer, more chance to land the Leech with the A1 from Sniper etc.
Uugos masteries are quite flexible and he doesn’t require any particular ones. We primarily use him as a Debuff oriented Champ, the Support tree offers a lot of utility to improve his kit and thus it’s not recommended to skip the Support tree. It’s important to note that Uugos Block Buffs Debuff is only 95% chance to land, with Sniper this goes up to 100%.
Gear & Stats Build
With Uugo being heavily Debuff and Cooldown dependent we focus heavily on both Speed and Accuracy, both to ensure hes going fast enough to keep uptime on his Debuffs, but also to ensure they land. After this, we need to make him as tanky as we can, as his A3 provides a team wide revive/heal and turn meter boost, with the condition of him being the last one alive. We do not want to rely on this but is can be amazing sometimes and save you in a bad situation.
- Speed (230+)
- Accuracy (250 For PvE content outside of Hard DT – 380 for Hard DT)
- Speed/Divine Speed
Recommended Main Stats
- Gloves: HP%
- Chest: Accuracy
- Boots: Speed
- Ring: Health
- Amulet: Health preferably (make sure it has Accuracy, if not, use Defense as a 2nd option)
- Banner: Accuracy
The first place Uugo will be showcased is in Hydra. He brings significant utility to the fight with both Decrease Defense and Block Buffs, as well as a bit of extra healing. Hydra heads tend to have plenty of buff stealing and sharing mechanics and Uugo helps to prevent that.
The team shown will be a full epic team 1 keying the Normal difficulty, this will allow for an entry into the content for people struggling and unsure how to go about it. Unfortunately Hydra is not the easiest content to Auto due to the randomness of a lot of things, and champs targeting and so on. It is recommended you manual it to get an understanding of the mechanics.
- Geomancer – Our main damage dealer with HP burn. He is amazing against the head of Wrath and Torment as they both hit in an AoE and reasonably hard as well.
- Spider – Here to provide Decrease Attack and reduce Buff duration (Head of Mischief steals all your buffs in this rotation). Kymar and Serris are alternatives.
- Ursala – She is mainly here to cover Decrease Attack as well. Provides a revive which is certainly useful. Using Scyl instead can be beneficial for extra healing.
- Shamael – A direct counter to the Torment head in these rotations. If you do not have Shamael, Rector Drath with AOE Veil to counter the fears is an option.
- Doompriest – The main healer and removes Debuffs like the Wrath’s Provoke.
Uugo End Game Dungeon Runs
In this guide we are primarily focusing on Uugo in PvE based content, and although he has been built with it in mind, he is still usable in Arena as well. To optimize Uugo in Arena you would need to change his stats and masteries, but he is very much capable of providing the AOE Defense Down role, similar to Serris or Stag Knight without having to min max him.
Here he is being showcased in a traditional speed team that tries to go first and nuke the opponent:
- Arbiter – Lead + Speed booster.
- Magnarr – The nuker.
- Umbral – Provoke champ to keep the enemies locked down for their first turn (stoneskin and reaction expire in one or two turns).
- Uugo – Defense down for Magnarr
For Dragon 20, when trying to progress through it revives and healing are in high demand along with Decrease Attack, as the boss can hit pretty hard. Your main source of damage should be Poisons, Warmaster or Max HP hits. Uugo in this team provides Defense Down, but has benefits over most Defense Down champs for progression as he also brings a Cleanse, healing and a conditional Revive.
- Reliquary tender – She is our Decrease Attack champion, provides a lot of good support through healing and a revive, if you have Scyl she is an amazing replacement for Reliquary.
- Coldheart – The main source of boss damage, and her A2 helps with waves. You can use almost anyone you want to do damage in this spot.
- Apothecary – He provides a Speed to the team, and provides us with a really nice Defense Aura to help the team take hits.
- Pain keeper – We are relying on Coldheart for damage, she is in the team to lower the cooldown mainly for Coldheart, to cycle her A3 faster. This spot is flexible and can be replaced with another poisoner, dps or support champion.
Dragon 25 is very similar to Dragon 20, the team is more or less the same, and Uugo’s role in the team is identical. The main differences now are we use Husk for more damage and to make the waves a bit faster over Painkeeper and we have put Scyl in over Apothecary. This gives us 2 revives just to be safe since this stage can hit hard.
- Coldheart – Still a lot of our damage, keep in mind that Max HP hits are capped on stage 21+ so it’s not as effective, and Poisons, especially AoE through someone like Richtoff or Tomb lord or Taurus can be much quicker.
- Husk – Same as Coldheart, just a damage dealer, but he also provides a bit of extra Crowd Control for the waves, which make it safer.
- Scyl – Mainly here to keep everyone full health, but also provides a lot of control for the waves, just keep in mind she is negative affinity for Dragon 25.
- Reliquary Tender – Primarily just a safety revive and a cleanse for the Dragon, but also the Decrease Attack on the Dragon makes him hit for a lot less.
For Spider 20, Uugo’s role is still mainly the AOE Defense Down, but the cleanses and healing Uugo provide can be significant to keeping the team alive. Although it won’t matter often, Uugo placing Leech on the boss for this dungeon can help a lot, since often its your squishy Attack based champions that are being targeted by the Spiderlings, such as Coldheart.
- High Khatun – Provides Decrease Speed and Turn Meter control, to slow down the boss and Spiderlings.
- Bellower – In a Stun Set to maximize the amount of Crowd Control and reduce incoming damage. If you have Scyl, she is much better in this spot.
- Miscreated Monster – His Shields make this fight significantly easier, if you do not have him, there are 2 main ways you can take this spot. First of all you can use more Crowd Control through someone like Achak. Second is Decrease Attack. Peydma is fantastic for this since she can keep it on the Spiderlings.
- Coldheart – Our damage dealer, running a single Coldheart makes the run slow but doable. If you have an AoE HP burn champion like Mordecai or Ultimate Galek, it is recommend using them in addition to Coldhearts to kill the boss quicker. TM Depletion is another compelling argument to use her in this dungeon
For Spider 25 MAX HP nukes and TM depletion are not as effective as for levels 20 and lower so our goal is to slowly burn the boss to death with AOE HP Burn.
We focus more on Crowd Controlling the Spiderlings, we want them to have as little turns as possible since they hit incredibly hard at this stage. Some Rares were changed to Epics to make this more manageable. Uugo’s role is still very much the same. Leech on the boss helps us with healing, alongside Achak and Scyl keeps everyone topped up. The Decrease Defense makes it easier for to kill the Spiderlings once the boss starts getting close to its turn.
- Achak – Provides AOE Freeze CC, and the passive is nice to be boosting turn meter and healing our team, although the heal is often overkill.
- Mordecai – Our Damage dealer over Coldheart in the Spider 20 slide, HP burn is more efficient than Max HP. There are no AoE HP burn Rares in the game at the moment, but you can get Akoth from Doom Tower for this role.
- Miscreated Monster – For this run he’s more here to provide Crowd Control then to keep up the shields. Our goal is to minimize incoming damage, as opposed to soaking it up. Since Miscreated is using Ally Protection, he is frequently going down. You can disable this in your Preset AI, it won’t make much difference overall.
- Scyl – Similar to Miscreated Monster and Achak, more Crowd Contro along with revive.
Ice Golem 20
Uugo’s role is very similar to the last few dungeons, and is mainly our Decrease Defense to speed things up. However, the cleanse has lots of value in Ice Golem since there are some nasty Debuffs like Freeze and Decrease Defense, which can very quickly snowball and kill your team.
- Reliquary Tender – For a similar role as Uugo, we need the cleanses and healing since the boss can hit so hard, as well as a revive if needed.
- Kael – Our main damage for the waves. Poisons are a good way to kill the boss.
- Armiger – Extra damage for the boss minions, but mainly the goal is to Block Revive them, so that it makes the run much quicker.
- Bellower – A lot of Crowd Control, same as for the Spider runs before, he is in a Stun Set to help us control the waves better, and this includes the bosses minions.
Ice Golem 20
Ice golem is a notoriously slow dungeon, which in a way benefits Uugo especially on higher stages as he can rotate his skills and keep people alive/cleanse. This showcases him in a progression/budget team with the only Legendary being Scyl. His main role here is to be providing Decrease Defense and team wide cleanses, as the boss can place Decrease Defense from the minions. Thats a very important debuff to remove, as the boss at level 25 hits incredibly hard, especially with lower levels of gear.
- Oathbound – Provides some damage but his main use for this team is providing 100% AoE uptime of Decrease Attack, to ensure the boss doesn’t 1 shot everyone. There are plenty of other champs that can take this spot for example Ghrush, Ursala, Stag Knight, Vogoth, Peydma and Grizzled Jarl just to name a few.
- Mordecai – He is our damage dealer spot, Mordecai was chosen as he also brings a decent amount of turn meter manipulation. You can use pretty much anyone in this spot, just keep in mind that HP burns and Poisons can tick the boss over the health threshold for him to do the Revive + AoE slam move.
- Fenax – A secondary damage dealer that provides block revive for the minions, you can use Armiger in this spot for a cheaper option, or, you could just ignore the block revive on the minions all together and run a tanky DPS, for example, Drexthar would be a good choice, then Mordecai could be replaced by something else.
- Scyl – Provides lots of healing to keep everyone alive, and a safety revive for the boss because he does a lot of sudden damage, it can kill squishy champs instantly. Additionally she provides a lot of control for the waves.
Fire Knight 20
For Fire Knight, the role is still the same as the previous Dungeons, it’s largely to make the waves a bit faster, and to help keep everyone alive. Fire Knight as a dungeon itself requires a mix of Support and Damage, and it tends to be one of the longer dungeons to do, so Uugo does fit in nicely although he is negative Affinity for stage 20, so be aware of the weak hits.
For this guide, its important to note that we are using Coldheart in a Relentless set to quickly destroy the bosses shield. For this reason, our A1 attack count seems low, but it’s actually not, this along with counter attacks from Coldheart mean the bosses shield will melt, the issue is just keeping her alive in that part of the fight.
- Bellower – In a Stun Set, and provides a lot of control mainly for the waves, he doesn’t do much for the boss itself.
- Kael – Any starter can fill this position, Athel is probably best since he multi hits the shield on the boss, but, this role is mainly just our damage dealer for the waves. You also have a lot of other options outside of the starters that are better for this stage, because Magic affinity champions weak hit often.
- Coldheart – Provides some wave damage, but is mainly here for the multi hit A1 and the big A3 Max HP hit on the boss along with Heal Reduction to prevent him from healing. You can use counterattacks of reflect damage as alternatives.
- Reliquary Tender – With a squishy team like this, we expect people to be going down, so a revive + healing to sustain the team is almost essential, Scyl can help if you have her as a better alternative.
Fire Knight 25
For Fire Knight 25, the strategy is still relatively similar, however, we upgrade our Reliquary Tender to Scyl, Bellower is replaced with Drexthar and Kael with Alure.
For stage 25 Uugo becomes positive affinity, which means he can reliably land his Decrease Defense and Leech. The waves still are pretty slow, but, it is a safe and stable team to be able to reliably farm stage 25, and complete the progress missions.
- Scyl – Once again our main healer and revive, especially with Coldheart being very squishy she can die on the waves and the boss.
- Coldheart – We are using a Coldheart in a Relentless set to quickly kill the bosses shield. Because its stage 25, Max HP hits are capped, so we don’t need her in any crazy damage gear. TM reduction is only 50% effective but helps.
- Alure – Once Coldheart can drop the shield, Alure can keep the boss permanently controlled with A1, not allowing him to take a turn. You can turn off her abilites in the AI settings on the boss stage. Alure can also place sleep on enemies with her A2 that are under Decrease Defense, and with Uugo having 100% uptime, it will control the waves.
- Drexthar – The HP burn makes the waves a bit quicker, but also provides Decrease Attack, which means less chance of being 1 shot. Also provides a 3 hit A1 which helps bring down the shield as well.
For Faction Wars, Uugo provides a surprising amount of utility to the faction. Ogryn Tribes really lacks the things that he provides, including Revive and AOE Decrease Defense. Although this Faction doesn’t require either of those to complete, they make a big difference. The other thing is healing, you shouldn’t rely on the Leech from the A1 but it does bring some nice healing, especially since there’s only a couple of champs in this Faction that heal, Urogrim being the main one.
An important note is that Block Buffs can be the key to completing the room 19 with Aturs for 3 stars and Uugo is excellent for this role.
- Bellower – In a stun set, mainly here for controlling the waves and the Decrease Attack makes the boss hit slightly less.
- Skullcrusher – As mentioned above, this Faction really lacks healing, so having a tanky champ that can spread the damage with Ally Protect helps a lot. His counter attack does mean you do more damage overall, but, to 3* his is mainly here to spread out incoming damage a bit better.
- Maneater – He is built for a Bateater Clan Boss team so he is very fast, and hits pretty hard. His a3 can save people from dying which isn’t an uncommon scenario for this Faction, and his a2 stealing the bosses Turn Meter means you take a lot less damage.
- Igantius – A damage dealer, you can use pretty much any champion here. He does however provide a good Provoke for the waves, so just be aware of losing that, you could use Big’un or Shatterbones in this role as well.