Raid Shadow Legends: Kael Champion Guide

Kael was found by Arbiter, roaming the realm of Teleria as a petty thief many years ago. Arbiter would go on to befriend Kael and mentor him on to becoming one of the strongest in an unlikely foursome; Athel, Galek and Elhain. Kael is unquestionably one of the most popular champions in Raid Shadow Legends and he is definitely the best champion for beginners. With the ability to deal high damage to any opponent in the game if built correctly. This guide will show you exactly how to maximise Kael, with information on his stats and skills.

Kael Stats Overview

  • Faction: Dark Elves
  • Type: Attack
  • Affinity: Magic
  • Rarity: Rare
  • HP: 13710
  • Attack: 1200
  • Defense: 914
  • Critical Rate: 15
  • Critical Damage: 57
  • Speed: 103
  • Resistance: 30
  • Accuracy: 0
  • Aura: Increase Ally HP in by 15
  • Books to Max Skills: 14

Kael Skills Overview

Dark Bolt

A1: Dark Bolt

Attacks 1 enemy. Has an 80% chance of placing a 2.5% [Poison] debuff for 2 turns.

  • Level 2: Damage +5%
  • Level 3: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 4: Damage +5%
  • Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 6: Damage +5%
Acid Rain

A2: Acid Rain

Attacks all enemies. Has an extra 15% chance of inflicting a critical hit. Fill the Turn Meter of this Champion by 25% for each enemy killed.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Damage +5%
  • Level 3: Damage +5%
  • Level 4: Damage +5%
  • Level 5: Damage +5%

A3: Disintegrate

Attacks 4 times at random. Has a 40% chance of placing a 5% [Poison] debuff for 2 turns.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Damage +10%
  • Level 3: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
  • Level 4: Damage +10%
  • Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
  • Level 6: Cooldown -1

Kael Early Game Guide

This is a universal build for starters with a focus on campaign. Works well for the majority of players. Suitable for all areas of the game including the clan boss. Kael is worth 6 starring, ascending, booking. You can also buy his masteries with gems to accelerate progress.

Deliana Aura is 33% HP in All Battles. This also factors into her Passive. She has 20k base health, 33% of that is 6756 Health and 2 accuracy per 1,000 gives her another 12 Accuracy. AOE leech on A1 allows you superior wave clear and healing for the whole team. Decrease Resistance on A2 can allow you to lower the Accuracy requirements for the team a bit. A3 is excellent not only due to Block Buffs but also because it can heal your team.

Offensive Tree

  • Heart of Glory – 5% extra DMG when Full HP, easier waveclear, better One-Hit potential.
  • Whirlwind of Death – 6 flat increased Speed for each killed enemy, Double Turn potential due to leaping the mobs.
  • Ruthless Ambush – 8% extra Dmg on first Hit, better One-Hit potential.
  • Cycle of Violence – 30% Chance of reducing 1 Skill cooldown by 1 turn after dealing 30% max HP dmg to an Enemy, Key Mastery, quicker recharge time = quicker Clear Time, also saver since more DMG output -> more self healing.
  • Wraith of the Slain – Great DMG increase for Campaign Farmer. Most food dies to One-Hit on Brutal 12/3, so its a free 10% DMG Increase, also more DMG = more self healing.
  • Kill Streak – 12% DMG Increase after clearing the first wave, better Damage output, great Synergy with t3 mastery Whirlwind of Death.
  • Blood Shield – 15% Max HP Shield, Insane sustain, almost each round active

Tier6 is not needed! Since Kael can solo Clear almost everything at level 50 (5 Star Ascension).

Defensive Tree

  • Defiant – Helps on 12/3 against Lord Shazar Bombs (High threat) and Debuffs, Campaign Champs have either 10 or 0 accuracy.
  • Rejuvenation – Great synergy with LS Set and Offensive T5 Mastery Blood Shield, added sustain and survivability.
  • Bloodthirst – 10% Max HP Heal after killing an enemy (EVERY round after killing an enemy), great survivability.
  • Stubbornness – added Resist, additional survivability against 12/3, 10/7 and 9/7 bosses.
  • Retribution – Counterattack chance on loss of 1/4 of the HP for more survivability and DMG
kael early game masteries

Gear & Stats Build

Free 2 Play Gear is sufficient to replicate this build! 4 pieces Lifesteal-Set are essential (after Login in for 4 days in a row). LS-Login Rewards right now ALWAYS have the same Main-stats and similar substats. 2 piece of Resistance Set are recommended (Mostly for 12/3 Brutal) – Can be replaced with ANYTHING else.

Note that on 12-3 most of the mobs are Spirit affinity. All starters are Magic affinity and have an extra 15% to deal a critical hit to monsters. Furthermore, each starter has a built in extra 15% chance for a critial hit on their AOE attack. This means that on 12-3 you want a minimum of 70% crit chance for optimal results.

  • 4 Star Helm: Flat HP
  • 4 Star Gloves: Mainstat – Crit% (most important piece)
  • 4 Star Chest: Mainstat – Attack% (good for early, quicker clear)
  • 4 Star Boots: Mainstat – Speed
  • 2-3 Star Weapon – Res piece
  • 2-3 Star Shield – Res piece
kael early game gear

Kael Late Game Arena Build

In case you are missing the best meta attackers on Arena, e.g. Trunda, Foli, Skullcrown and others you can still use starter champions to take care of the damage dealer role in their stead.


The following masteries are best for the arena. The main focus is on critical hits and damage as well as some survivability. Everything is focused on one goal in this build – dealing the maximum amount of reliable damage. Note that the mastery shield breaker wasn’t taken because there is a buff stripping hero in this Arena composition. Furthermore, opportunist synergizes with the sleep debuff from Kymar.

Kael Late Game Arena Build

Gear & Stats Build

Equipment is the key to make this build work on arena. You want enough attack, critical rate, damage and speed for Kael to work as a damage dealer that is not interrupted.

Recommended Main Stats

  • Gloves – Critical damage
  • Chest – Attack%
  • Boots – Speed
  • Ring – Attack
  • Necklace – Critical damage
  • Banner – Attack
Late Game Arena Gear

More Champion Guides