Melga Steelgirdle is an epic spirit affinity champion from the dwarves faction in Raid Shadow Legends. She is overall a very basic champion, but nonetheless, a fairly effective one. With a focus on reviving fallen team members and protecting any living team members. She has a wide variety of uses, including Scarab King, Faction Wars and Dungeon Runs. All of which will be covered in depth during this Melga Champion Guide.
Melga Stats Overview
- Faction: Dwarves
- Type: Health
- Affinity: Spirit
- Rarity: Epic
- HP: 20475
- Attack: 947
- Defense: 991
- Critical Rate: 15
- Critical Damage: 50
- Speed: 100
- Resistance: 45
- Accuracy: 0
- Aura: Increase Ally HP in by 15
- Books to Max Skills: 15
Melga Skills Overview
A1: Inspiring Violence
Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 50% chance of removing 1 random debuff from a random ally. Cannot remove a debuff from this Champion.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 2: Damage +5%
- Level 3: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
- Level 4: Damage +5%
- Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
- Level 6: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
- Level 7: Damage +5%
- Level 8: Damage +10%
- Level 9: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
A2: Sheer Grit
Places a [Shield] buff on all allies equal to 20% of this Champion’s MAX HP for 2 turns. Also places a 15% [Continuous heal] buff on all allies for 2 turns.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 6: Cooldown -1
A3: Glorious Return
Revives 2 random allies with 20% HP and 20% Turn Meter. Also places a [Shield] buff on the revived allies for 2 turns equal to 30% of their MAX HP.
Upgrades as follows:
- Level 2: Cooldown -1
- Level 3: Cooldown -1
Melga Steelgirdle Late Game Build Guide
Melga Steelgirdle is an Epic HP based champion from the Dwarves faction. She was very well received when she was first introduced into Raid she enabled many people to clear Faction Wars stage 21 for Dwarves (considered one of the hardest, and the only other reviver was Maulie, a legendary with only a single target revive) This guide will mainly cover Faction Wars and dungeons 20 (Hard Doom Tower bosses will be covered later). In these showcases, slower teams (no Seer one shot team etc) will be used so we can see her support capabilities.
Booking her A2 and A3 for the cooldowns is needed for optimal results. Her A1 has a 75% chance to remove a random debuff from a random ally when booked is not game changing enough so if you could upgrade other skills without booking this, don’t spend extra books. Her A2 places a 2 turn Continuous heal of 15% and a 2 turn shield equal to 20% of her max HP on a 3 turn cooldown when booked is what keeps the team alive. Her A3 revives 2 random allies with 20% HP and 20% TM, and places a 2 turn shield of 30% of their HP on a 5 turn cooldown is a very good safety net for contents such as FW.
Melga is a support that doesn’t deal massive damage so in term of masteries, we can go defense and support. Defense tree to maximize her survivability and Support tree to improve her healing (Healing masteries work with continuous heal). This mastery build is more PvE focused so Blastproof is selected over Improved Parry.
For Hard Doom Tower, you prefer 350+ resistance for higher stages, which is why Unshakeable is chosen as the T6 final mastery. If your gear allows for it Timely Intervention as T6 can be selected instead to cycle the turns more often. Finally, if the protection she provides is not sufficient you could also opt in for T6 Bulwark mastery specifically for Faction Wars as the other alternative
Gear & Stats Build
As a reviver and healer, you want to be able to keep Melga alive and allow her to use her skills often. Sufficient stats would be around 220+ Resistance for dungeons 20. For top floors of Doom Tower 350+ resist would be best. Spee-wise 220+ speed to cycle through her skills would be best. HP is the next priority as it benefits her shield directly and makes her less likely to be a target. Accuracy is not needed for Melga.
Shield set can be used to provide more protection for your team as the start of each round. Alternatively Immortal and/or Regeneration sets are also great to keep her HP high through out the fight. In this guide, she was tested with the new DT set, the Guardian set that provides her 10% healing when she takes a turn (a bit like the Regeneration set) with the extra 10% damage mitigation for your entire team. The effect is pretty noticeable in dungeon runs. However, Melga is not picky and can work with any set combination as long as you reach the required stats.
As for accessories, many sets can be useful in different situation. Bloodshield from CVC acts as a fail safe against Scarab king as it does not trigger his counter attacks. Refresh accessories can allow her to spam her support skill more often. And Cleansing accessories can be great against Nether Spider.
Recommended Main Stats
- Glove: HP%
- Chest: Resistance/HP%
- Boots: Speed/HP% (if good speed substats)
- Ring: HP/DEF
- Amulet: HP/DEF
- Banner: Resistance/HP/DEF, speed substats
Faction Wars Team & Strategy
Melga is one of the best epics for Dwarves Faction Wars and enables comfortable runs on the 21st Crypt. She is showcased in a composition without legendary champions. Her role here is to work in tandem with Rearguard Sergeant to keep the team topped up on HP and to protect them on waves and against boss. The Guardian set allows her to redirect some damage from Rearguard Sergeant to herself during RGS ally protection phase.
The other champions used and their roles are as follows:
- Rockbreaker provides control on the waves with his provoke and frost set.
- Kurzad in a stun set gratns more CC and keeps the damage in check.
- Rugnor works as the main damage dealer and was the tank in this run because the HP tuning was off. He does enough damage to heal up from his Leech, and the Guardian set on Melga kept him alive during the critical moments.
Dungeon Runs with Melga
In Spider 20 Melga can heal the team, putting up a shield to mitigate some damage and offer a revive if needed. However, she does not provide extra utility like Scyl of the Drakes for instance so she is certainly not the best in slot for this dungeon. The other champions used and their roles are as follows:
- Achak here works as a negative affinity tank, TM booster and CC
- Stag Knight provides AOE DEF Down for the CH and atk down to reduce incoming damage
- Two Coldhearts provide TM control and a a MAX HP nuke
Despite being negative affinity, Melga can still work on Dragon 20 for the same purpose. The other champions used and their roles are as follows:
- If you can keep Frozen Banshee alive on the boss, a win is guaranteed since spamming poisons works well at that stage.
- Tayrel provides AOE DEF Down and ATK Down on the boss.
- Skullcrown provides AOE Damage for faster wave clearing.
- Achak provides crowd control and more survivability.
Fire Knight 20
Melga is perfectly usable on Fire Knight 20 if you are in need of a reviver. While her support abilities are very good and the enemies are hitting Alure or Coldheart for less she doesn’t bring much to the table. Melga has no TM manipulation, no speed buff or debuff and no multi hit skill. However, if you have every aspect covered for FK, but your team is too squishy and need a someone to protect the team she can work well. The other champions used and their roles are as follows:
- Stag Knight provides AOE DEF Down and ATK Down for waves and Decrease Speed for the boss.
- Alure keeps the TM down of the boss permanently with her A1.
- 2 Coldhearts provide multi-hit A1, TM depletion and MAX HP nukes.
Fire Knight 20
Melga works very well in Ice Golem dungeon. In this comp, she is the only healer of the team and provides damage mitigation to help your team get through the boss. Stag Knight and Fenax are champions very often seen in IG because of what they bring to the table. The other champions used and their roles are as follows:
- Stag brings AOE ATK Down and DEF Down on a very short cooldown, Def down allows you to do more damage and atk down is very important against the boss to lessen the pain.
- Fenax can provide an AOE Block buffs, very useful on the second wave to block the reflect damage buff from the Terrorbeasts. He also brings a very hard hitting A1 with block revive property, very useful on boss stage to keep him from reviving his minions.
- Skullcrown’s role was to deal some AOE damage and Achak works as a CC that passively boosts the TM of the team.
This composition lacks masteries such as Warmaster or Giantslayer as well as Enemy Max HP skills so it is not exactly the fastest. The goal was to showcase Melga’s support capabilities during long fights.
Doom Tower with Melga
Doom Tower is challenging content based on waves, in Secret Rooms and with special requirements or against bosses. Melga stays relevant in some of them. Two Secret Rooms on Hard difficulty are relevant for her in the first Frozen Spider Doom Tower rotation: Spirit Epics only Secret Room and HP champion only Secret Room.
Spirit Epics SR is the easier of the 2 because waves are significantly weaker. Thus you can very well bring Melga in with very fragile champions and still clear it pretty easily. The team advised for this is Deacon (TM manipulation and DEF Down), Melga (general support) and Fenax (damage dealer).
HP SR on the other hand is much tougher if you lack options. Miscreated Monster is a very popular option but he can very well die because of his Ally Protection, and if it happens early, things will get even more difficult for you. The team showcased here has:
- Samar and Mortu (damage)
- Miscreated Monster (Stun, Ally Protection, damage)
- Melga (Healing, Revive)
- Vogoth (Provoke, Healing)
Here both Vogoth and Melga are wearing the Guardian set to help protect the team and help Miscreated Monster during his Ally Protection phase. Note that this set is doing wonders here but you certainly don’t need it, Regeneration or Immortal are enough to keep Melga alive. Revive makes it a safe auto-run in both cases.
Melga can be useful on some DT bosses as well. The team for Nether Spider showcased is the typical Drexthar + Cleansers team. You are basically keeping Drexthar alive to kill the Spider with the AOE HP Burn:
- Drexthar: ACC aura, HP burn. In Lifesteal to be relevant against other bosses as well. For a specific Nether Spider build, Frost + Frosbite or all Frostbite is very good to freeze the Spiderlings and less likely to get attacked by them.
- Reliquary Tender: Cleanser and Reviver. Relentless set to cleanse more often. Regeneration or Speed otherwise.
- Alternative: Mausoleum Mage, Hakkorhn Smashlord.
- Doompriest: Cleanser, Relentless. Else Speed set.
- Alternative: Mausoleum Mage, Hakkorhn Smashlord.
- Vogoth: Healer, Guardian and Bulwark mastery for the synergy with Melga to keep the team alive. Else Immortal.
- Alternative: Scyl of the Drakes, Vrask, Lugan the Steadfast, etc.
- Melga: Reviver, Healer, Guardian set. Her A1 is not hugely impactful.
Cleansing accessories are very helpful.
For the Scarab King, a tanky resist comp is showcased here. It is not the preferred farming team because it is more RNG heavy, but can be used for a first clear. The champions used and their roles are as follows:
- Brogni: Resist aura, Shield, Block debuffs. Shield set.
- Melga: Shield, Heal and Revive
- Sandlashed: Buff extension, Ally Protection when they get low
- Stag Knight: Decrease Speed, Decrease Defense, Decrease Attack. Destroy set.
- Armiger: TM control, MAX HP nuke. Destroy set.
For Hard Floor 100 specifically, everyone has 350+ resist with aura and 350+ accuracy. The combination of Brogni, Sandlashed and Melga keeps shield up for most of the time. Else the team can still tank some hits. Bloodshield accessories are very helpful for this stage.