Raid Shadow Legends: Oboro Champion Guide

Oboro is an epic void affinity champion from the shadowkin faction in Raid Shadow Legends. She is not one of the top champions in raid, but still a useful one to have in specific situations and stages of your accounts progression. Due to her kit and damage multipliers she is effective in faction wars and the Doom Tower. Furthermore, she can be useful in team compositions that are able to place a lot of debuffs on the enemy, as her A1 becomes an AOE decrease defence hit, which is great for content such as Hydra. She can also be a good champion to use for mid to late game arena when used effectively. We will cover some of these scenarios in more detail later in this Oboro guide.

Oboro Stats Overview

Oboro avatar
  • Faction: Shadowkin
  • Type: Attack
  • Affinity: Void
  • Rarity: Epic
  • HP: 15360
  • Attack: 1454
  • Defense: 826
  • Critical Rate: 15
  • Critical Damage: 60
  • Speed: 101
  • Resistance: 30
  • Accuracy: 0
  • Aura: Increase Ally ATK in Dungeons by 33
  • Books to Max Skills: 10

Oboro Skills Overview

Spreading Chaos

A1: Spreading Chaos

Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 40% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns. Will attack all enemies instead if the target is under 4 or more debuffs.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Damage +5%
  • Level 3: Damage +5%
  • Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
  • Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
Mystic Smoke

A2: Mystic Smoke

Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. The second hit has a 75% chance of transferring all debuffs from this Champion to the target. The first hit has a 75% chance of stealing all buffs from the target when attacking under a [Veil] or [Perfect Veil] buff.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Damage +5%
  • Level 3: Damage +5%
  • Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +15%
  • Level 6: Cooldown -1
Ninja Arts

A3: Ninja Arts

Places a 30% [Increase C. RATE] buff and a 30% [Increase C. DMG] buff on this Champion for 2 turns, then attacks 1 enemy. Places a [Perfect Veil] buff on this Champion for 2 turns if this attack is critical.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Damage +5%
  • Level 3: Damage +5%
  • Level 4: Damage +5%
  • Level 5: Damage +10%
  • Level 6: Cooldown -1
  • Level 7: Cooldown -1
Vanish [P]

A4: Vanish [P]

Places a [Revive on Death] buff on this Champion for 3 turns whenever they receive a [Veil] or [Perfect Veil] buff.

Upgrades as follows:

  • No books needed.

Oboro Late Game Guide

Oboro is a Void affinity epic Attack champion in the Shadowkin faction. Aside from having one of the most impressive hats in the game, she is fairly hard hitting and has some interesting (if conditional) skills that make her a lot of fun to use. This guide will showcase Oboro in Gold IV Arena, level 25 Dragon Dungeon, and Hard Doom Tower wave levels, and will discuss her potential uses in Faction Wars.


If under a Veil or Perfect Veil, Oboro’s Passive effect applies a Revive on Death buff for three turns; while she benefits from being in a team with champions like Rector Drath or Duchess Lilitu, her A3 (Ninja Arts), when booked out, gives her a Perfect Veil every three turns, so a maxed out Oboro will likely have Revive on Death applied most of the time, with lapses being at the start of the second or third rounds of wave battles, or just after she’s been revived. Her A2 (Mystic Smoke) can swap buffs and debuffs with her target, and her single-target A1 becomes an AoE with a slightly lower multiplier if her target has four or more debuffs.


Oboro’s Masteries are slightly unusual, reflecting her skillset. The Attack tree goes down to Flawless Execution, although Helmsmasher is also a viable option if the Critical Damage is higher than ~250%. Warmaster is less useful, unless you intend to include Oboro in a Clan Boss or a Hydra team.

Stoked to Fury Mastery was selected to get more damage from her A2. Her remaining Masteries come from the Support tree, starting with Pinpoint Accuracy, and then Exalt in Death (Charged Focus is also a good choice), moving down to Swarm Smiter but then moving left for Lasting Gifts, giving a chance to extend Oboro’s buffs.

Oboro masteries

Gear & Stats Build

Oboro benefits from the sets that would help a hybrid attacker/debuffer: Cruel, Savage, Speed/Divine Speed, Perception and Fatal sets will all work well with her.

In this build, Oboro is built with Perception and Savage sets. Just over 5k Attack, 200+ speed, 233 Critical Damage and 280 Accuracy were the stats. Because Oboro’s A3 gives her a 30% Increase Crit Rate buff, Oboro only needs 70% Crit Rate, meaning that other substats can be prioritized.

Recommended Main Stats

  • Gloves: Crit Damage
  • Chest: Atk%
  • Boots: Speed
  • Ring: Atk
  • Amulet: C.Dmg
  • Banner: Accuracy/Atk%
Oboro build

Arena Teams

A strong example of Oboro in the Arena includes the following:

  1. Oboro
  2. Lyssandra
  3. Arbiter
  4. Madame Serris

In this team setup Arbiter and Lyssandra to make her go first, Lydia for debuffs. Facing a variety of mid- to low-range Gold IV teams, Oboro works just fine as a single target nuker, avoiding being targeted with her various buffs and one-shotting opponents. Her A2 is particularly useful when faced with a pesky Skullcrown or an opponent in Swift Parry, stealing the Unkillable buff and sealing the deal.

While she’s a pretty solid DPS choice up to Gold IV, Oboro is not seen much compared to other champions who are more in the meta, and certainly isn’t seen in Platinum arena.

Oboro dragon 25

Dragon 25

While Oboro in this build is able to one-shot wave opponents in level 20, level 25 mobs are a bit harder to deal with. Everybody else in this team is here to maximise damage:

  • Ruel the Huntmaster has a Crit Rate aura and his passive ability increases damage to opponents under Hex.
  • Ma’Shallad increases Critical Damage and Speed and supplies control.
  • Ursala the Mourner brings Increase Attack, Strengthen and Increase Defence buffs and Decrease Attack debuffs.
  • Venus applies Decrease Defence and Weaken debuffs, and places poisons on the boss.

Oboro should be used to strike at various opponents. With all the debuffs in place, she places reasonable (but not amazing) AoE hits with her A1, and transfers the various debuffs the Dragon applies back to the boss with her A2, hastening Hellrazor’s demise.

Venus has the biggest damage total due to poison damage on the boss. Oboro has done more damage than Ruel here, but Ruel is built very slow and simply hasn’t taken as many turns. If Ruel was as fast as Oboro, there is no doubt at all that he would easily be able to do more damage than the Shadowkin Epic with the cool hat. Still, Oboro has done her work here.

Oboro dragon 25

Doom Tower

Here, Oboro is placed into the DPS spot in a regular full auto Doom Tower wave team, consisting of Ursala the Mourner, Lydia the Deathsiren, Visix the Unbowed and Psylar (who is built with a Stun set).

The other four champions provide control and support with buffs, debuffs and turn meter manipulation. Because Oboro was just dropped into the team without any tuning, the team is taken off auto after a few turns in the first and second wave and manually controlled so that A1s can be used and Skills can be off cooldown for the next wave. Oboro is the main damage dealer here. This is floor Hard 112 in the Dark Fae rotation, which although near the top of the Tower, isn’t a particularly challenging floor, and Oboro struggles with some of the trickier floors in Hard Doom Tower.

oboro doom tower team

More Champion Guides