Raid Shadow Legends: Stag Knight Champion Guide

Stag Knight is an Epic Champion in Raid Shadow Legends, from the Banner Lords faction. His make-up is pretty simplistic, featuring two strong abilities and a passive. With a wide variety of uses, Stag Knight is great in dungeons such as Dragon, Ice Golem, Fire Knight, Spider and Faction Wars. His A2 ability features a low cooldown and can be used to decrease an opponents defence and attack. In spider, Stag Knight is one of the best champions and his A1 ability really shines here, with the ability to decrease speed of the enemy boss, allowing other champions to take over and deal high amounts of damage.

Stag Knight Stats Overview

Stag Knight avatar
  • Faction: Banner Lords
  • Type: Support
  • Affinity: Spirit
  • Rarity: Epic
  • HP: 20970
  • Attack: 859
  • Defense: 1046
  • Critical Rate: 15
  • Critical Damage: 50
  • Speed: 107
  • Resistance: 30
  • Accuracy: 0
  • Books to Max Skills: 12

Stag Knight Skills Overview

Spot Quarry

A1: Spot Quarry

Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. Each hit has a 30% chance of placing a 30% [Decrease SPD] debuff for 2 turns.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Damage +5%
  • Level 3: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
  • Level 4: Damage +5%
  • Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
  • Level 6: Damage +10%
  • Level 7: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%

A2: Huntmaster

Attacks all enemies. Has a 70% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff and a 50% [Decrease ATK] debuff for 2 turns.

Upgrades as follows:

  • Level 2: Damage +5%
  • Level 3: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
  • Level 4: Damage +5%
  • Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 6: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
  • Level 7: Cooldown -1
Lead the Pack

A3: Lead the Pack

Places a 50% [Increase ACC] buff on an ally for 1 turn each time the ally has a debuff resisted by an enemy.

Upgrades as follows:

  • No books needed.

Stag Knight End Game Build Guide

Stag Knight is a Spirit Affinity Epic Banner Lords Champion with a simple yet effective skillset. He is extremely versatile and can be used everywhere in the game, even in end-game teams. He can place AOE 60% Decrease ATK and DEF that are crucial debuffs to increase your team’s damage and decrease the damage your team takes. Stag Knight also places Decrease Speed, which is very helpful against bosses to slow them down.

He is amazing in Fire Knight, Ice Golem, Spider and although he is weak affinity to Dragon 20, he can still be used there. This champion can be used in Arena as your Decrease Defense champion before your nuker (watch out for affinity). He is one of the best Banner Lords for Faction Wars and with the addition of Doom Tower, his usability extends even further to help take down Borgoth the Scarab King. Overall, Stag Knight is an amazing champion to use and should be 6 starred and fully booked as a priority as you will use him everywhere even in the endgame.


This build features Stag Knight with the Offense and Support Mastery trees. The most important mastery you want to have on Stag Knight is Sniper on the Support Tree since his A2 only has a 95% chance to place the debuffs fully booked. The 5% from Sniper Mastery will help bring it to 100%. For the other masteries, select the masteries that improve his accuracy, Lore of Steel to improve his stats, Master Hexer to increase the Debuff duration and Evil Eye for some added Turn Meter control. On the Offense Tree select the Crit rate, Crit damage masteries and go down to the T6 Warmaster mastery for some added damage.

stag knight masteries

Gear & Stats Build

The two most important stats you want to build on Stag Knight are Accuracy and Speed. For Dungeons, you want to have 220+ accuracy to reliably place his debuffs on Stage 20 Dungeons. While for speed, you want to build him as fast as possible and fast enough to go before your damage dealer so that he can place his debuffs before they nuke, ideally around 200+. For Hard Doom Tower, the Highest level of Borgoth the Scarab King (Stage 100) have a resistance of 330 and Stag Knight with need at least that much accuracy. Speed is much more important here and at least 225+ speed is recommended.

The other stats you want to build are HP, Crit Rate, Crit Damage. Although his main role is to debuff, Stag Knight actually has good damage multipliers. If built with 100% Crit rate he can deal significant damage. Do not sacrifice his Speed, Accuracy for Crit Rate and Crit Damage. Remember that his main role is to place debuffs, focus on damage after you have the accuracy and speed. The Speed, Accuracy, Perception sets are ideal for him.

Depending on your other heroes on spider 20 he may need more hp so she doesn’t get targeted or die. Normally spiderlings don’t go for RG due to the affinity.

Recommended Main Stats

He is also an amazing champion in the Relentless set to cycle his cooldown faster and this build showcases exactly how it works

  • Glove: Hp%/Crit Rate %
  • Chest: HP%/Accuracy for Doom Tower
  • Boots: Speed
  • Ring: HP/Defense
  • Amulet: HP/Defense/Crit Damage
  • Banner: Accuracy

The Stag Knight showed in this guide is in an end-game Relentless build. These numbers will be difficult to achieve if you are in the early, or mid-game but should be the goal. Refer to the previous page for the more accessible build.

Stag Knight Dungeons Runs

Spider 20

One of the areas that is problematic for Late Game players is the Spider dungeon. Stag Knight can offer help in multiple ways. Stag Knight provides AOE Def Down, Atk Down and Decrease Speed. Def Down is almost a requirement for all speed runs of the dungeons. AOE Atk down helps tank the direct damage from spider and spiderlings.

Decrease Speed Debuff on the big spider is extremely important. With a speed of about 95, under this debuff its speed is around 66.5, making it much easier to lap it with your champions and to control it’s turn meter.

Good Late Game+ Composition is featured with Scyl of the Drakes as the only legendary. The main engine are the two Coldhearts that are the MAX HP Nukers and full tm depleters. Psylar and Scyl ensure the Spiderlings don’t take too many turns and are stunned.

spider 20 stag knight

Dragon 20

Another Dungeon that is relevant from mid-game to end-game is Dragon 20. Stag Knight provides AOE Def Down and ATK down. However, he is negative affinity for Dragon 20 and is not so reliable due to affinity disadvantage, so another champion takes the fore – Zargala. Relentless set build allows to offset this disadvantage somewhat.

Scyl provides healing, stuns and resurrection. Frozen Banshee main goal is to make sure the Dragon is constantly poisoned as this is one of the mains sources of damage at the boss stage.

dragon 20 stag knight

Fire Knight 20

On Fire Knight 20 Stag can shine. The waves become more managable under his debuffs and the shield can be broken somewhat better utilising the Relentless set. Decrease Speed debuff on the boss make a huge difference in how reliably you can keep the turn meter down as it lowers the effective speed to 66.5

AI changes have allowed Coldhearts to fully unleash their potential in this dungeon as the don’t use heartseeker once the shield is up anymore.

stag knight fire knight 20 dungeon run

Ice Golem 20

Stag Knight can be useful in Ice Golem 20. This dungeon is well known for the second wave with reflect damage and the boss being able to hit extremely hard. Stag Knight has AOE Def Down and ATK Down for speeding up the wave farming and additional protection from the Boss hits.

In the composition below Norog provides protection from AOE damage. Dark Elhain is a damage dealer that can utilise her passive to convert the Freeze debuff into additional damage on the boss stage. Gorgorab provides TM boosting and resurrection if things go South. Scyl provides CC on the waves, healing and backup ressurection.

Stag Knight ice golem 20 dungeon runs

Arena Runs

Stag Knight can also function in the Arena. The featured build is mostly intended for dungeons, however it can still work in the current Gold IV. The main goal of Stag Knight in this setting is to have enough Speed and Accuracy to go after the TM booster and place AOE Def Down. Note that Stag Knight Spirit affinity is problematic against Magic Affinity enemies and can result in a weak hit that fizzles out the debuff.

The team below is not fully optimised for Arena, however the basics are the same. Gorgorab TM boost, Stag Knight AOE Def Down, Scyl uses the AOE stun and Zargala finishes the job.

stag knight arena runs

Faction Wars

Stag Knight is one of the best champions in the Banner Lords and must be included in your FW team if you have him. The combination of the debuffs he brings are useful both on the waves and the boss. Furthermore, he can hit for a respectable amount of damage as evidenced in the image below.

Furthermore, in Banner Lords FW 21 Stag Knight is easily the MVP of the team. The key to this stage is to focus the right minion during the boss stage. The right minion deals a ton of damage and can easily one shot your champions. You can do this by clicking on that unit during auto and your champions will focus it or manually if you want to clear it for the first time.

stag knight banner lords composition

More Champion Guides